Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips
As a person ages it is very important that they take care of their physical health and well-being and this includes proper skin care. Ideally skin care to prevent wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots and imperfections should start when a person is young. The good news though is that with all the anti-aging skin care products and procedures available today it is never too late to turn back time.Tips for protecting and improving skin at any age:
1. Hydrate – Drinking an adequate, and not excessive, amount of water daily helps flush toxins from the body, helps reduce the look of sunken eyes and dark circles and can restore plumpness to the skin. 8-10 glasses should do quite nicely, more if exercising is involved.
2. Don’t Smoke – Skin needs circulation to be healthy and smoking impairs that dramatically. The poisons and toxins from smoking all rise to the surface of the skin making it dull, ashen and unhealthy.
3. Use SPF protection EVERY day – Use a facial lotion with an SPF of at least 15 even on a cloudy day. This will protect against fine lines. If wrinkles already exist, use an SPF lotion that includes anti-aging ingredients so that it is protecting and restoring skin at the same time.
4. Eat Healthy – Consuming an adequate amount of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins will promote healthy skin from the inside out and helps retain that youthful appearance.
5. Exercise – Just like eating healthy, staying in good physical shape will promote that vibrant young glow to skin and battle the signs of aging. Exercise also reduces stress
6. Remove makeup every night – Sleeping with makeup on will leave bacteria filled smudges on pillows, clogs pores, allows aging free radicals remain on the skin and can dehydrate skin contributing to wrinkles and lines. A fresh, clean, well moisturized face before sleep will restore and replenish any age skin.
7. Use the proper night cream – Going overboard with multiple products at night is unnecessary and may even cause a harmful skin reaction. Choosing one product specifically designed for whatever anti-aging effects desired is the safest choice.
For deeper wrinkles that creams can’t remedy a medical procedure such as Botox injections performed by someone with Botox training is a possibility. It is important to find someone with proper Botox training to avoid any potential complications.
Eddie Adams is a Content writer with an interest in topics relating to health, cosmetics, tourism and green living. You can follow him @thefreshhealth on Twitter 🙂
This site is for information and support only and NOT a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment!